Monday, December 1, 2014

The Catchup Post - Part 1

Monday, Dec. 1 - Here I am at home very, very happy to have been the guest of so many friends. Even though I came home with a cold, the memories will keep me warm for a long time. (How's that for a cliché, even though true!) This post will be mostly photos which I will add to as Weese sends me more from her iPad. She took some really good ones.

Let's start with some more photos from Chester - our first stop.


Here is Chris who kindly picked us up at the airport in Manchester and took us to 12 Deva Terrace in Chester.

The living room window looking towards the river.

And the river - really very lovely. There were cows over there and people were taking their dogs for walks and we saw rowers. 

This is the view towards the back of the house with the kitchen in the back. The window you can see on the right is one I could see into from my upstairs bedroom in the house next door (right) to see Mom having tea with Belle and Fannie.

Here is a description of the history of this wonderful property. Both Weese and I highly recommend this property.
The inside of Blossoms where we had the place to ourselves and a really good supper.

I love the way the kitchen stacked the fries.

Scenes from our terrific taxi tour of Chester.

The lovely architecture.
And these two photos for my Welsh friends! Chester is very close to the Welsh border and the driver took us "across the border" so I could take a couple of pix with Welsh signs.



That's it for Chester. I will post some more on Brussels next.


No comments:

Post a Comment