Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Photos for Part One of The Trip

I have two lovely albums put together by Mom for me. The first one was given to me many years ago about my first five years in Chester. And the second one came as a result of a trip she made in 1986 when she was 66 years old. Most of these photos are self-explanatory as she put little handwritten notes with them. They are great keepsakes and will show my family where I came from all those years ago. I have copied the whole album pages as it gives a better sense of the story.

Here are ones from the first one. My goodness, I was a cute little kid!






Mom told the story about her learning to cook at 13 Deva Terrace - she was cooking a splendid meal for Dad when he came home on leave once. It was a roast of beef! She dropped it on the floor, scooped it up, took it to the dining room and she said no one knew any different. Cooking was not Mom's strong suit. It was never awful but it wasn't fancy either.




This is one of my favourite photos of Mom and me.









And this is my Dad and me - love this one too.



No comments:

Post a Comment